Following the news that NSW has reached its target 80% double dose vaccination for 16+ we are delighted to announce that community sport can recommence next week, which means we will bring forward the start of Club racing to next Saturday 23rd of October 2021 (for the double vaccinated).
Adult and Junior Squads will run to our normal program:
- Adult Squads: Monday, Wednesday (6:00 – 7:00) and Friday (5:30 – 7:00).
- Junior Squads: Tuesday and Thursday
Our calendar has been updated with the season’s events, commencing this Saturday with the following:
- Sprint: 20m, 30m and 50m Freestyle Handicap
- Form Stroke: 20m, 30m and 50m Backstroke Handicap
- Long Distance: 4x20m, 4x30m and 200m Freestyle Handicap
New swimmers will first need to complete a Time Trial for one of the events in each category (Sprint, Form Stroke, Long Distance), where we record your time for that event (eg. the time it takes you to swim 50m freestyle and 50m backstroke). Once you have completed a time trial we will match you up with swimmers of similar ability in future races and give you a handicap start based on your best time.