Season starts 23 October
For a while there, with Delta variant COVID-19 cases climbing, it didn’t look like we would get much of a Swim Club season. Happily, things have turned around to the point that community sport can recommence. So, it’s a pleasure to say Swim Club starts this weekend!
This week we will ease into things with a revised racing schedule.
- Sprint: 20m, 30m and 50m Freestyle Handicap
- Form Stroke: 20m, 30m and 50m Backstroke Handicap
- Long Distance: 4x20m, 4x30m and 200m Freestyle Handicap
The original schedule for this week included 100m butterfly and a 4x50m medley but the Club Committee thought it would be cruel to start the season like that!
COVID safe compliance
Please note that we need to comply with the relevant health orders and swim centre rules.
We are adopting very similar COVID-safe practices to last season so the rules will be familiar.
In accordance with Public Health Orders:
- Persons 16 and over will need to be fully vaccinated to enter the pool and present their vaccine certificate or proof of age if under 16.
- You should wear a mask when passing through indoor areas at the pool,
- You should observe social distancing requirements at all times, and
- You will need to check-in using the Services NSW app.
As noted last week, registrations are now open for this season. Swimmers can join the Club or renew their membership at the Swimming Australia’s Swim Central website.
If you want more information about the membership options and how to navigate Swim Central head to our Fees and Registration page.
You’ll be pleased to hear that the system is much easier to use this year, thanks to improvements by Swimming NSW!
As with previous seasons, we will be using Team App to register swimmers and enter them into the day’s races. Please RSVP attendance for yourself and family members via the DSC Team App application by Friday COB.
Could returning swimmers please check that the app is working ahead of this weekend.
Could any new swimmers reading this please download and set up Team App using the following instructions:
- Download the Team App to your phone
- Search for Drummoyne Swimming Club under sporting teams and ask to join. You’ll then be admitted and can continue with the set up. Note, there you will need to enter certain contact information into the system but it’s not too onerous.
- Once you are set up… click on Events in the Menu tab
- Click on the date you wish to attend
- Scroll down and RSVP your attendance and include any additional people (if applicable)
We’re going cashless
This summer Swim Club is going cashless. Raffle tickets and merchandise purchases will need to be made via the Square Tab or via EFT to the Club’s account. Apologies for the inconvenience but we’ve all learnt to live without cash over the COVID period and cashless payments are much simpler to administer for Club’s volunteer officials.
Adult and Junior Squads are now running to our normal program:
- Adult Squads: Monday, Wednesday (6:00 – 7:00) and Friday (5:30 – 7:00).
- Junior Squads: Tuesday and Thursday
Please feel free to come along – squads are free for Swim Club members.
We are planning a number of social events later this season. Please keep the following dates free:
- 11 November 21 – Ladies’ Social Night, Ribs n Burgers, Drummoyne, from 7pm
- 18 November 21 – Men’s Social Night, Ribs n Burgers, Drummoyne, from 7pm
- 4 December 21 – pre Christmas Cruise (Captain Cook Cruises)
Thanks very much to club committee members Danni Hale, David Parker, Duncan Lyon, Jodie van Loo and Melissa Kerr for helping out with a working bee to tidy the club room and test the equipment in readiness for this week’s racing.
See you Saturday!