The 2020 Battle on the Bay swimming carnival starts at 3pm sharp this Saturday at Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre. Swim Club will be on in the morning as usual, giving a few hours rest before you dive in to race against our neighbouring swimming clubs – Leichhardt, Ashfield and Enfield.
There will be 280 swimmers at the carnival, so it will be crowded in the pool area and parking will be tight. Please aim to arrive between 2-2.30pm to give yourself plenty of time to arrive, warm up and bond with our team. If you arrive late and miss your race, you will lose points for yourself and the club, so please be punctual as Leichhardt will be running the carnival like clockwork to fit in all of the events.
The afternoon involves a fun swimming carnival to determine the fastest Club on the Bay! Every swimmer will earn valuable points for their Club in the fight for the Battle on the Bay Trophy. The fastest individual swimmers will be awarded Age Group medals.
Points to remember:
- Carnival starts at 3pm sharp. Please arrive between 2-2.30pm to give yourself plenty of time to find parking, line up for pool entry and for a warm up (if you feel like it!)
- The event is expect to go until at least 7.30pm. If you will be arriving late or need to leave early please let Duncan know ASAP
- Food and drinks are available for purchase from the pool café but we suggest bringing your own snacks and drinks to keep the energy and hydration up or share among your friends
- If you have your own Drummoyne cossies and/or swimming cap, please wear them on the day to show your proud colours!
- Please bring your cheering voice and cheer on your fellow Drummoyne Swim Club members
If you have any queries please contact Duncan Lyon (Race Secretary) or Tim Doolan (Club President).
Good luck to everyone and have a great day!